Please download our brochure here
Marmora has been open since the 1980s and was named so by its first owners after their honeymoon destination.
The current owner, Ms. Debbie Carson, has owned Marmora since 2005. The home has evolved over time and is a welcoming place for anyone that stays with us, whether it be long-term or for respite.
Marmora has a strong workforce, in various fields from care to maintenance, and administration to cleaning. Marmora provides training and career opportunities to staff and offers apprenticeships for those wanting to go into the care sector.
Marmora Care Home is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Essex County Council. Our latest CQC report can be viewed by clicking on this link.
- We are looking to make our website more accessible by including audio of our webages
- To view our latest Newsletter, please click here.
- We are delighted to inform you that we have won awards for “Team of the Year”, and ” Person Centred Dementia Care”. We were also awarded as Highly Recommended for Activities and Nutrition, Diet and Hydration.
- We have had our inspection, regarding the Gold Standard Framework, which went exceptional well. We will know the outcome early April 2020.
- Easter Hatch – We are planning to get a chick hatching experience in the home. Look out around the home or ask Lisa or Liz about any fundraising events and activities being held to support funding for this.
Marmora offers 26 bedrooms, one of which is a double, for the elderly, and those living with dementia, providing the care, companionship, and security that service user needs and want. The home consists of three floors, which include two spacious, homely, lounges, a dining room, conservatory, kitchen, and offices. We also have a beautiful garden, which can be enjoyed by service users and visitors alike.
We treat everyone as a unique individual and provide them with the support they need in order to have a fulfilling life, with as much independence as possible.
Marmora is open to the community, friends, and families. We encourage others to come and spend time with us, to see what we do, and what a difference we make.
As a company, we are praised for our standard of care provided and have a strong management team who push the company to do better and better each year. The Registered Care Home Manager (Mrs Lisa Welsh), and Care Home Provider
(Ms. Debbie Carson) both have extensive knowledge and experience to ensure that the home is always evolving to make sure that we can continue to provide the quality of care that is expected from the company.